Creamy Cashew Caramel Lactation Slice.
This creamy cashew caramel lactation slice is a heavenly treat to support you through your breastfeeding journey, combining ingredients that nourish breast milk, support milk supply, balance hormones and provide you with much needed energy.
This indulgent slice is quick and easy to prepare for yourself or to deliver a breastfeeding mama who needs a little extra love and support.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raw cashews
5 medjool dates, pitted
1 cup tahini
1 tsp maca
1 tbsp coconut oil
150g dark chocolate
- Grease and line a small baking tin or glass container.
- Add raw cashews and medjool dates into a small bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add all base later ingredients to a high speed blender and blitz until well combined.Transfer mixture to the tray and use your hands to press firmly until the mixture reaches the corners. Place in freezer while you make the next layer.
- Add all middle layer ingredients, including the soaked cashews and dates, to the blender. Blitz for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread until smooth. Return to the freezer.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Pour over the middle layer until completely covered. Set aside to set.
- Once chocolate has set, use a warm knife to cut the slice into pieces. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Leila & Erin x